Yes, it's true.
I'm ga-ga over Greyhounds.
I really, really, really want to adopt a retired racer and give him or her the most fabulous off-track home a Greyhound could ever want. I've been thinking about it pretty seriously for a couple of months.
But Ms. La Beast is quite the loner.She loves doggy company, but seems fairly pleased when the company leaves. She's just not that keen on sharing her space. She seems to enjoy her only-dogness and given that she seems to have aged three years in the last six months, I think she deserves to live out her mid- to old- age in exactly the manner she prefers.
I kind of feel like it is the least I can do for her.

In the meantime, I will have to resign myself to spending thousands of dollars on bronze statues of Greyhounds instead.
On second thought, since I'm not much of a knick knack person, maybe I'll just support Greyhound rescue.
On second thought, since I'm not much of a knick knack person, maybe I'll just support Greyhound rescue.
*****
Secret side note: Truth be told, Sophie is also much more comfortable with shorter dogs, save for her favourite Akita Husky. She might not be so keen on a lean and lanky GH. At least not one who might try to steal her bed and cookies.

