Thursday, February 18, 2010

Greyhound Soul

Last December, I had to say goodbye to my friend Graham.
He was my first Greyhound and I only got to live with him for four months.


Many people said how lucky Graham was to have lived here and known love for those last few months of his life, but I really don't think he was the lucky one.

I was the lucky one.

I feel so honoured to have known him and to have experienced his beautiful, gentle spirit. He was unique in a way that I cannot really describe, but if you've ever had the good fortune to snuggle with a Greyhound, you will surely know what I mean.



Sophie is here, of course, and is a fabulous, fabulous beast, but despite her loving snubs (because we all know that Sophie has no time for hugs and kisses), I still very keenly felt the lack of Greyhound soul in the house.

Felt.

That hole is slowly being filled by a new leggy beast,
a new flat dog,
a new Agent Pancake.




Introducing
Owen C. Pickles





That "C" is for my buddy Wally
Long live the Corgador spirit!




At first, Sophie was bored at the prospect of another hound in the house.


That quickly gave way to disgust. And Owen is disgusted with her, for not loving him just yet.

But she will.