Sophie Update
aka The Only Reasonable Conclusion
aka The Only Reasonable Conclusion
Well, the good news is, Sophie doesn't have the flu.
The bad news is, I wish she did.
Sophie has a very big problem with her liver. I'd love to be more specific, but it's all a bit complex and just a little confusing. We are still waiting for some test results to come back, and I have completely cut off the beast's access to the liquor cabinet.
Okay, that last bit was a joke. She gets all the vodka she wants!
But seriously folks .... my vet, who is also a friend and I trust her beyond measure, is fairly certain that Sophie has Cholangiohepatitis. She is also worried that she may have a gull bladder issue, but can't say for certain until more tests are conducted.
Sophie's liver enzymes are off the charts. She will probably be sent for an ultrasound tomorrow and she may spend the holidays on an I.V. Needless to say, I will not be spending the holidays in NYC.
The other good news is that Sophie appears to have no idea there is a problem and given the chance to roach in the snow, she roaches. She also still has an apetite, so that's a good sign too.
Last year, just days before Christmas, Sophie had surgery for a torn cruciate ligament. This year, it's her liver. The only reasonable conclusion I can draw from this is that Sophie hates Christmas.
The bad news is, I wish she did.
Sophie has a very big problem with her liver. I'd love to be more specific, but it's all a bit complex and just a little confusing. We are still waiting for some test results to come back, and I have completely cut off the beast's access to the liquor cabinet.
Okay, that last bit was a joke. She gets all the vodka she wants!
But seriously folks .... my vet, who is also a friend and I trust her beyond measure, is fairly certain that Sophie has Cholangiohepatitis. She is also worried that she may have a gull bladder issue, but can't say for certain until more tests are conducted.
Sophie's liver enzymes are off the charts. She will probably be sent for an ultrasound tomorrow and she may spend the holidays on an I.V. Needless to say, I will not be spending the holidays in NYC.
The other good news is that Sophie appears to have no idea there is a problem and given the chance to roach in the snow, she roaches. She also still has an apetite, so that's a good sign too.
Last year, just days before Christmas, Sophie had surgery for a torn cruciate ligament. This year, it's her liver. The only reasonable conclusion I can draw from this is that Sophie hates Christmas.
