Friday, June 29, 2007

Damn that Wally!

He tagged me to share some info about the person who waits on me hand and foot, which means that I have to get off my ass, which is not nearly as impressive an ass as Wally's, and do some work. Taking my lead from Wally and Tadpole, I too will do interview style.

Sophie (S1): Bonjour Madame
Sherry (S2): Okay, first all of, Sophie, you are an anglophone and I am not a "madame."
S1: I am more bilingual that you are.
S2: Let's hear you ask for your dinner, en français.
S1: I'm too busy reflecting on my beauty at the moment.
S2: Why are you S1? Shouldn't that really be me?
S1: I'll ask the questions.
S2: Sure. Just remember who keeps you in baby carrots and dehydrated liver bits.
S1: Hello lady.
S2: Oh please.
S1: If you are ready?
S2: Go on.
S1: What inspired you to get such a beautiful dog?
S2: Isn't this supposed to be about me?
S1: Okay. What do you do?
S2: Thanks for starting with the easy question.
S1: Just answer it.
S2: I am personal assistant to Ms. Sophina la Brador. And in my spare time, I am an academic, (sometimes), a writer (sometimes) and an urban planner (maybe). Although the latter is becoming quite annoying.
S1: What do you mean sometimes and sort-of?
S2: I mean I don't do any of these things exclusively.
S1: How are you an academic sometimes? Doesn't that mean you're supposed to be smart? Does that mean you are only smart sometimes.
S2: A lot of academics are smart, but some aren't. It just depends.
S1: Kind of like dogs then? Like how I'm incredibly intelligent and the Thing isn't?
S2: Exactly like that.
S1: If you weren't my personal assistant, what would you be?
S2: I can't imagine a greater life.
S1: Why did you leave my dad?
S2: Do you really think that's appropriate? He might be reading this and decide to never dog sit you again.
S1: So what. Who needs a dog sitter when I have Auntie Christine and Nadine next door?
S2: You like your dog walker don't you?
S1: Have you noticed how this interview is suddenly much more interesting.
S2: For a dog who doesn't like the lime light, you sure are sucking it up.
S1: Oh my god. Okay. Why do we live in Montreal?
S2: Because I love the challenge of living somewhere where it is almost impossible to work because of my failings with the French language.
S1: Why do you go to NY so much?
S2: If I can make it there, I'll make it any where.
S1: Sarcasm a bit! How come you didn't take me with you when you went to visit Wimsey?
S2: Because me and your aunt from Calgary were having a shopping/martini drinking trip. You wouldn't get it.
S1: I love to shop.
S2: They weren't giving out cookies where we went.
S1: Can we move back to Alberta so I can swim in the Rockie mountain streams and battle cougars again?
S2: No. And you have never battled a cougar in your life.
S1: Remember the time I caught that squirrel in the backyard?
S2: That was here, at the old house in Montreal.
S1: Right. Okay, well, remember when that house collapsed and I had to save everyone?
S2: You were brilliant.
S1: Remember how I handled crowd control by being my beautiful self out on the street, diverting everyone's attention away from the spectacle?
S2: That actually might have been me walking around with two dogs and an extra bra ... you never know what you'll grab in an emergency. Evidently, the most important things in my life are dogs and bras.
S1: I like this house way better.
S2: That's because you can play fetch in it. Don't you miss the fish pond?
S1: Oooh, those fish. I'm gonna get those fish!
Can I have a cookie?
S2: No
S1: I'll let you pet me.
S2: Are we done?
S1: No. Tell me about your love life.
S2: No.
S1: Damn. Are you seeing anyone?
S2: I'm not talking about this.
S1: Damn. Am I getting a new daddy?
S2: Sophie!
S1: Okay. What are you working on right now?
S2: A special project.
S1: Does it have anything to do with me?
S2: Sort of.
S1: Of course it does. That was a stupid question.
S2: Are we done?
S1: One more. Can we go up to Île de la Visitation next week, so I can swim in the Riviere des Prairie?
S2: Yes.
S1: Can Cha Cha come?
S2: Yes.
S1: Can I have a cookie?
S2: Yes.